Surveys found that women would use different, often more effective & longer-lasting contraception if they didn’t have to worry about cost.
Under Obamacare (Affordable Care Act), the Health Insurance Marketplace must cover contraceptive methods and counseling for all women as prescribed by a health care provider. These plans must cover the services without charging a copayment, coinsurance, or deductible when they are provided by an in-network provider!
Covered contraceptive methods: All Food and Drug Administration-approved contraceptive methods prescribed by a woman’s doctor are covered, including:
- Barrier methods (used during intercourse), like diaphragms and sponges.
- Hormonal methods, like birth control pills and vaginal rings.
- Implanted devices, luike intrauterine devices (IUDs).
- Emergency contraception, like Plan B® and ella®.
- Sterilization procedures.
- Patient education and counseling.
|Contact Your Elected Representatives
Pressure on politicians matters.
Find your state representative – click here
Find your congressional representative – click here
|Become a County Leader
Take the lead in your community.
|Check out these resources to learn more about abortion rights and women’s reproductive healthcare: